Abstract submission is open from
1 November to 15 December 2018
Please carefully read the full guidelines before submitting your abstract(s).
In order to submit your abstract, you must have or create an account on myESA. If you have forgotten your account information, please click on “forgot username or password” (do not create a new account if you already have one).
Once logged in to your myESA account, there will be a section on Abstract Submissions from 1 November until 15 December.
The following conditions need to be met in order to submit an abstract:
- The work in the abstract cannot be presented nor appear in another form at any large English-speaking meeting before the Euroanaesthesia 2019 Congress.
- The work cannot be published before Euroanaesthesia 2019, in whole or in abstract, in an indexed journal.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring that they have avoided, or at least declared, any signiﬁcant conﬂicts of interest associated with submissions.
- All abstracts submitted must adhere to the Declaration of Helsinki’s ethical principals for medical research involving human subjects and the rules laid down by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors in their Recommendations for the conduct, reporting, editing, and publication of scholarly work in medical journals. This requires that all research (clinical or experimental in humans or animals) must have approval or an exemption from a suitable Institutional Review Board (IRB), Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) or Ethical Review Board (ERB). If this does not exist, the abstract will be rejected.
- The author(s) must transfer, assign, and otherwise convey copyright of ownership in said work to the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA) if published by the ESA. Copyright assignment only applies to the abstract submitted and does not apply to, or prevent, subsequent publication elsewhere of a full manuscript relating to the subject matter of such abstract.
- If accepted, the author commits to present the work at Euroanaesthesia 2019. Registration deadline for accepted abstract presenters is on 28 March 2019 (23:59 CET). The abstract will be withdrawn if the presenter of the abstract does not meet the pre-registration deadline.